Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guess how much Jack loves me...


A few days ago, Jack told me, "I love you Mummy. But I love Daddy more than you.”

Well, of COURSE you do. Daddy walks through the door in the evening, ready to play with you, while Mummy collapses on the kitchen floor, somewhere between the bin and Isabel’s most recent pair of wet pants.

This comes after he told me I’m the second most beautiful Mummy. Apparently I rank just after the mother from “Cloudy with a chance of meatballs”. And yes, you are right, she is not alive for the majority of the movie.

What is it about craving your child’s love? Jack has always been my cuddly child, while funnily enough, my girls are the ones who squeal and resist when I try to give them a kiss or a hug.

A day or two after this, Jack, Isabel, Sophia and I were all bouncing on the trampoline together, tumbling all around and laughing together. Jack wrapped his arms around me tightly and said,”Mummy, I love you so much. I love you more than Daddy.” Ohhhh. (Light-bulb!) So it just depends on the day, does it? How reassuring.

He also told me that he loved me “all the way to Saturn!”

It was all I could do not to say, “I love you all the way to Uranus!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers